The NYHL is excited to announce new dates for Flyers tryouts and open tryout registration. Flyers “AA” tryouts have been rescheduled for the week of July 13th with “A” level tryouts the week of July 20th. A more detailed schedule will be sent out at a later date.
After a very successful 2019-2020 season which brought 5 SYTHL League Championships, 1 SYTHL playoff Championships and multiple Tournament Championships. The season was highlighted by both the U14AA & U16AA Flyers beating the Jr. Preds in the best of three State playoffs to advance to Nationals. U14 AA, U16AA and U18AA teams will potentially be National bound for the 2020-2021 season.
The NYHL will offer Tier II teams at the AA & A1 level at the Squirt (10U), Peewee (12U), Bantam (14U) and 16U age groups with one 18U AA team. It is possible to field an A2 team provided there is sufficient talent, player numbers to do so and a league to participate in.
Our main priority is to make sure our players and families remain healthy and safe as we prepare for the phased reopening. We will have procedures in place to ensure players and families are enjoying their time at the Sportsplex in a safe manner (details will be sent at a later date). We are hopeful the 2020-2021 hockey season will resemble the 2019-2020 but with the uncertainty of the Virus we are preparing for all scenarios the best we can. To start families can expect guidelines to follow such as limited or no locker room use (dress at home or outside), bringing your own water bottle, limited spectators & spectators practicing social distancing, etc. We continue to follow the latest guidelines on the pandemic and consult with our City and Dept. of Health Medical Experts.
**Coaches and fees will be announced closer to the tryout dates**
**Tryouts are at Centennial Sportsplex**
**Mite 8U Flyers tryouts will be in August**
Flyers AA & A 2020-2021 Programming Info:
Season Fee Approximately $2400-$3000
4-6 league weekends
40-55 total games
55-70 total practices
**Programming is based on a full season. Due to the uncertainty of Covid-19 if the season is delayed, or any other unforeseen circumstances arise the programming and fees will be adjusted accordingly. **
Important Registration Info:
- It is recommended for all players interested in trying out for the Flyers try out for the top team at their respective age group (AA).
- If players are cut from a higher-level team (AA) you will NOT need to re-register. Players will automatically be added to the lower level tryout list.
- 2020-2021 USA Hockey Number needed to register.
- Uniform fitting will be completed during tryouts this season, be sure to look for this during any of the tryout dates. There will not be a fitting date after tryouts so you need to make sure you have completed the form prior to the end of tryouts.
- All players are required to provide, at their own cost, black helmet, black pants and black gloves
- 10U (Squirt) players need to keep July 25th and July 26th dates open for the leveling tournament at Centennial Sportsplex. It is possible the leveling tournament will be cancelled but until confirmation please keep the weekend open.
Flyers Tryout Registration fees:
- Squirt Flyers $65
- Peewee Flyers $65
- Bantam Flyers $65
- U16 Flyers $65
- U18 Flyers $50
Flyers 2020-2021 Tryout Registration Link:
Ages: 8U (Mite) through 18U (Midget)
Season Dates: October through March
League: Southern Youth Travel Hockey League (SYTHL)
Travel Commitment (10U and above):
Team jerseys, socks, warm-up suit, and other apparel are included with league fees.
Hotel accommodations are not included in league fees.
Tryouts: Late Spring (May)
Practices begin: Mid August
Fees: Varies by age group (typically $2,500 for A1 and A2; $2,700 for AA for Squirts through Bantams)
8U (Mite) Travel Program: Tryouts are typically in August. Players also play on an 8U House team in the NYHL House League. Travel to two or three locations within a 2 to 3-hour radius of the city. This program is designed to introduce parents and players to travel hockey. The cost is $800 (subject to change) in addition to the fee for the 8U (Mite) House League.
Hockey Director, Nashville Youth Hockey League