The NYHL is excited to open Flyers tryout registration, announce projected 2022-2023 Flyers teams and AA coaching assignments. Tryouts will be the week of April 25th,
Flyers Tryout Registration:
Flyers Tryout Schedule:
Flyers Travel Team Tryouts Registration (nyhl.com)
Flyers Projected 2022-2023 Teams:
Squirt 10U AA & A1 (2012 - 2013 birthyears)
Peewee 12U AA & A1 (2010 - 2011 birthyears)
Bantam 14U AA, A1 & A2 (2008 - 2009 birthyears)
U16 AA & A1 (2006 - 2007 birthyears)
U18 AA (2004 - 2005 birthyears)
Flyers AA Coaching Assignments:
Flyers Goalie Coach – Dillon “Goose” Caffrey
- He is a Nashville native and has been playing hockey since 7 years old; growing up playing in the NYHL with the Ice Tigers and Southern Flyers. Coach Goose also played for Mt. Juliet High School, NA3 for the Glacier Nationals in Montana, and is currently an Emergency Backup Goalie (E.B.U.G.) for the Nashville Predators. Goose began coaching hockey at the age of fifteen, discovering a new love and appreciation for the game. He holds a USA Hockey level 4 coaching certification and a USA Hockey Goaltending silver. Goose also coaches in camps clinics all over the US and Canada, and continues his education with yearly conferences and seminars to stay on the cutting edge of youth development. He is passionate about coaching and bringing energy to the game.
Squirt 10U AA Flyers – Head Coach, James Perkin
- Coach Perkin is heading into his 9th season as Hockey Director with the NYHL. James has Head Coached Mite to U16 Flyers teams at the A and AA level. Last season he coached the Squirt AA Flyers team. Originally from Calgary, Canada James played two seasons of Junior hockey- one with the Calgary Canucks in the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) and one with the Lincoln Stars in the United States Hockey League (USHL). After his Junior career, James played four years of NCAA Division I at Bowling Green State University, CCHA. Coach Perkin is USA Hockey level 4 certified.
Peewee 12U AA Flyers – Head Coach, Greg Sauers
- Coach Sauers grew up playing hockey in Florida before going on to play AAA hockey in Georgia. After finishing youth hockey, he moved on to play junior hockey in Texas (WSHL), New Hampshire (AJHL) and Wyoming (NA3HL). He played three years of NCAA DIII hockey at Aurora University (Aurora, IL). In his senior year, he played ACHA DII for Aurora University where he was named Player of the Year for the Central Region and was selected to the All-American 1st selection team at Nationals. Since moving to Nashville in 2018; Greg has been coaching youth hockey including our Peewee AA Flyers (2021-2022) & Bantam A1 Flyers (2020-2021), assisting Middle Tennessee State University (ACHA) and also serves as the Head Coach for the Varsity Summit High School Hockey Team. Coach Sauers is USA Hockey Level 4 certified.
Bantam 14U AA Flyers – Head Coach, Scott Gardner
- Assistant Coach, Cole Crocker
- Coach Gardner is entering his 11th season coaching youth hockey in Nashville. Scott has coached at all different age groups from Termites to Midget and all levels from house league to AAA. He most recently coached the 2008/2009 age groups two seasons ago as the Flyers Peewee AA Head Coach. Originally from Toronto, Canada, Scott moved to Nashville in 1996 and played three seasons in the NYHL before playing one season of Junior Hockey in the Central States Hockey League. Coach Gardner is USA Hockey level 4 certified.
U16 AA Flyers – Head Coach, Eddie Nolan
- Coach Nolan is heading into his 2nd season of coaching with the Nashville Flyers. Last season, Eddie was assistant coach for the U16 AA Flyers team. Originally from Boston, Mass, Eddie played three seasons of Junior hockey with the South Shore Kings (EJHL). After his Junior career, Eddie played four years of NCAA Division 3 hockey at Elmira College and then went on to play Professional for the Huntsville Havoc of the SPHL. After his playing career, Eddie served in the US Army as an Infantry officer for four years. Coach Nolan is USA Hockey level 1 certified
U18 AA Flyers – Head Coach, Matt Neal
- Coach Neal is going into his 6th year as a coach of the Nashville Flyers program. Matt has been the assistant coach for the U16AA flyers for two seasons, head coach of the U18AA for two seasons advancing to Nationals in 2021-2022, and the head coach for the U16A1 team last season. Matt grew up in Nashville and played for the TPH Thunder program through 16U and the Nashville Jr. Predators at 18U. Matt is USA Hockey Level 4 certified.